Friday, October 8, 2010

FOTD: High Voltage Cosmetics Halloween Shadows

So another day, another chance to play with my newest makeup! He He.

Surprise, Surprise I was able to get up earlier than usual (without the help of my alarm clock....which that in itself is amazing). And decided it was time to bust out the big guns!

Earlier this week, I received my first wig from an eBay seller (located in Hong Kong, which if anyone is interested in more information...let me know). I ordered it with intentions of using if for Halloween (which I still plan on doing so). Considering the fact, I have never worn one, I decided to use today as a test run. It did take me about 30 minutes to get my own hair situated, and the wig on and pinned in.

With hair set I moved on to make up, I knew I wanted to do a look using my High Voltage Halloween Shadows. As much as I wanted to use all four to the shadows, I did decide to stick with three.

So without further delay here was my look of the day.
Photobucket

Yes, I also rocked some of my favorite colored Konplott (love me some purple) and to not overdo this bright but smokey eye. I paired it off with a pinkish nude/brown lip, using NYX LipLiner in Natural, Clinique Lipstick in Ginger Frost and a Limited Edition MAC Lipglass in Moonbathe. And a bronzey cheek using NYX blush in Terra Cotta, with Hard Candy Baked Blush in Pin Up as highlight ( I love the way it makes my skin look).

Photobucket
I used Swamp Thing on the lower lash line, with a bit of Ghost Town in the inner tear duct. As I noted in my last blog post, Ghost Town looks like a pale minty green on my skin.

Photobucket
I used Zombie Chic (wet) all over the lid, Swamp Thing into the crease, and Ghost Town as a highlight. Might I mention that these colors are super easy to apply and very VERY blendable! I barely put Swamp thing on the tip of my MAC 217 and I still think the crease is pretty dark. I know if I wanted to transition this look over to a nighttime look, I could really darken the crease with getting Swamp Thing wet. But for daytime purposes and the fact I used my Wet N Wild Cream Liner in Black to line (and tightline) my eyes...this look felt perfect to me.

I'm not normally a green shadow person, though I always hear that it looks really good on brown eyes. I did notice more attention and compliments I received today for my makeup and overall appearance. I don't doubt it had to do with the fact I had long layered, straightened black hair and bright smokey eyes. One of my favorite boys to harass at work (who doesn't like a ton of makeup on girls...he's a cutie...though only 19!!!! SCARY), he told me he really liked my makeup. And to have someone who doesn't like make up say that...well that just shows me...that I was rocking my FOTD hard!! he he

Until next time!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment