Tuesday, December 14, 2010

FOTD: Christmas Party Look Using Sleek Make Up


So with December comes the buttload of holiday parties and get togethers that follow with the season. ha ha...if I was only that lucky!

This year there haven't been too many non work related events that I have had to go to, so when the opportunity arose to make myself pretty for Joe's Shop party I jumped at the chance.

First I recolored my hair, if you didn't already know. I dyed/bleached pieces of my hair back in May when I went black and red. So when the red washed out I ended up with bleached hair..that slowly as time wore on changed.

It got to the point where the bleached pieces were just too much for me...hence the change over to all black. Well I decided with the Christmas party I needed to touch up (as the bleached pieces were starting to look a nasty grey/green color...don't even know how that is possible).

So the party was on Friday, I colored my hair on Thursday. And as I tweeted that evening as I was waiting on the dye to process...my scalp was pretty itchy (and I did color my hair on dirty hair). However I did a no no and substituted Aquaphor to put around my hairline (verses vaseline..like I have heard people suggest). And I don't know if overall I'm more sensitive to products being there....but needless to say I had a nice little rash right about my hairline from the stuff! LOL

FOREWARNING...DON'T DO SOMETHING UNLESS YOU HAVE TESTED A SMALL AREA FIRST AND SEE FOR A REACTION. Even now, 2 weeks after the party and coloring my hair...my rash is just starting to clear up! :(

Anyways, so with hair done, I gave myself enough time that say to get ready..as I was going to have to leave from work and meet Joe at the Christmas party. Needless to say, I made sure to use all my Upper end products (just to make sure everything stayed nice until that evening).

Photobucket
I popped in my blue colored contacts...since I think light eyes is a huge contrast to dark hair.
Photobucket
The eyes themselves are just as dramatic closed as they are open! Well at least in my opinion

Photobucket
I literally put no shadow, eyeliner in or on the lower lash line or the water line. I have the experience that when I use my colored contacts and I start adding my product to the eye area.
1. I tend to have drier contacts.
2. My eyes are red because of the excess product
3. This was one of the few times I wanted my eyes to look naturally open/bright.

Photobucket
I reused a pair of Red Cherry #117 hence why there is a bit of lash glue visible...even though it states the glue is invisible...even with a good cleaning. I swear I can never get all of the glue off to use it again!!!

Photobucket
The shadows I used for this look were from the Sleek Storm Palette that I received from Cookie for my birthday last month. I have done a very similar look using silver and black (though I decided to make it a more grown up look by leaving out all the glitter).


Photobucket

Photobucket
My overall thoughts about the quality and vibrancy of Sleek Make Up Palettes is they are quite good. The Matte black that I used in the crease is very very comparable to MAC's Carbon Eyeshadow. Their shimmer silver and dark grey were quite pigmented and blended quite easily.

Photobucket


Photobucket
I personally want to create a few more looks with this palette before I give a review on the products as I think they are good to have in either a Make up Kit or personal collection. NO LIES, I'm very very happy that I received the palette as a gift!

Photobucket
To finish off the overall look I used a very light hand and applied Mac's Fever blush. With just a small swatch of Hard Candy's Baked Blush in Pin up as a highlight.

Photobucket
For lips I applied my Fall and Winter favorite, NYX Lipliner in Fuschia...filled in my lips and topped it off with some Glamour Gloss in Scene Queen from Glamour Doll Eyes. I really think the lipliner and gloss are just amazing together. Whenever I want to rock a pinky lip...that combination is what I have been reaching for.

Overall, I felt cute. I sadly dont have a picture of the outfit I ended up wearing to the Christmas Party...but I got to rock my Christmas Boots so I was totally happy about that!





No comments:

Post a Comment