Saturday, December 25, 2010

Holiday Look #2 2010

The second look in my Holiday mini series is using my FAVORITE pressed eyeshadow Palette...this has made an appearance two months in a row (in my favorite's of the month videos)...the 15 Ultra Shimmer Palette from Sedona Lace.
**Keep in mind I do NOT get anything extra for taking so highly about this product, I just feel that others should know about it's AWESOMENESS**

With all that said, I am a firm believer that brown eyed girls can pull off any eyeshadow color...we are one of the few eye colors that about anything looks good on. However, there is this stigma that blues can not be pulled off my brown eyed babes...and let me tell you what?! I think blue really makes my brown eyes pop! So keeping this all in mind...let's get to the look!

Photobucket
This look is really all about the EYES! Blue frosty Shimmer!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

This look is a lovely mix of most of the blues in the palette

Photobucket
The following products were used to create the eyes of this look

MAC Paint Pot in Soft Orche
Revlon Cream Eyeshadow Quad in Electric Pop 712 Light blue color
Sedona Lace 15 Shimmer Palette (refer to above for placement)
MAC E/S in Kid in crease*
MAC E/S in Blance Type as Highlight
NYC Liquid Eyeliner in Black
Love & Peace Black Eye Pencil from Forever 21 Make Up Line
Benefit Bad Lash Mascara in Black
Ebay False Lashes applied to last 1/2 of eye

*I applied Kid as a base color in the crease, as I notice it is easier to get a shimmer color applied into the crease to stick better with a base shadow. The layering helps..as when I tried to do this look before without the matte shadow the blue shimmer just all blended into one and made a big yucky mess!
Photobucket
I normally have a medium to darker brown eye color and with this combination of blue shadows they take on a golden brown color...which no lies is pretty neat!

Photobucket

Photobucket
For liner in regards to this look a small winged liner is complimentary to this very bright look. If you make the liner too thick it will over power the shadows and take away from the look verses adding more drama to it. With the addition of some small demi lashes, I think it makes it flashy but not over done!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Overall I really loved this look, and I didnt realize how good it looked on until I started editing the video tutorial and looked at the pictures on the computer! Major KUDOS to Sedona Lace for being one of the few make up companies that carries the larger pressed eyeshadow palettes! Cause so far I have not seen this being sold by any other company.. which makes Sedona Lace stick out in my mind!

Final Look
Photobucket
If you haven't checked out Sedona Lace website..better do it!

If you are interested in seeing how to do this look check out the following Video

No comments:

Post a Comment