Monday, January 17, 2011

My Mom is my Hero

For those that have been following my YouTube Channel, You guys already know that my Mom made a guest appearance in a video "A little Taste" clip. As well as you know that my mom recently did the Susan G Komen 3 Day walk for the cure down in San Diego, CA the weekend before Thanksgiving weekend.

With a bit of teaming up together my Mom and myself came up with a fun little raffle for helping her earn enough donations to participate in this walk. The raffle went well and my mom was able to earn enough to walk.

The reason she decided to participate in the walk is due to a few family friends that had been diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Sadly two have passed due to the strain of the disease on their bodies and she wanted to do something in remembrance of them.

I am disappointed that I wasn't there to film her walking, I think it would've been fun. Although she did run into a mishap or so while walking, on her second day of the walk she pulled her muscle and had to get some medical attention (they stretched and wrapped her calf for her..before sending her on her merry way).

Photobucket
Even injured she still was in good spirits!

The walk was over the course of 60+ miles, throughout various parts of San Diego. From what I have heard the closed several different streets and a small part of the Freeway for all those that participated.

The walk ended on the third day, Sunday, at Petco Park (stadium of the San Diego Padres). I'm honestly not quite certain of my mom's official time, but I know she had a good time. She did the walk with a friend and her friend's sister.
Photobucket

My mom enjoyed participating in the walk so much that she actually has already decided to sign up to participate this year, which is November 18, 19, 20 2011.

Photobucket
My Mom is so Pretty!!!

I'm very proud of her, I really wish I could do it with her as well. I think it is important to be involved in something that you believe in. I think it is because of her example that I decided to get involved with Coaching Basketball on base.


No comments:

Post a Comment