Monday, February 21, 2011

FOTD: Spectrum Cosmetics Blues and Purple


As you guys know, I received some products from Spectrum Cosmetics to review..and with the weekend. I decided to play with my shadows and come up with a fun and bright FOTD.

I do have a major thing as of recently for Blue shadows..and I have done this look several times using different shadows of blue and purple. Played with using different colored liners as well as adding glitter randomly...however I do always seem to go back to it. Perhaps its the color combination of blue and purple that I really like...perhaps its because I feel that it makes my boring brown eyes a little more fancy. As I have noted that whenever I have blue (where its eyeshadow or eyeliner my brown eyes appear to be a lighter brown than they normally are).

Thus I put this look together...and left it on all day. In the evening I had plans to go out so I ended up just smoking the purple out more and added a silver in the inner corner to make it fun.

FOTD:

Photobucket


Photobucket

Better View of the Eyes:

Photobucket
Products used:
Mayra's Cosmetics Eye Corrector in Light
Applied Wet Spectrum Cosmetics Take of Your Cool shadow all over lid
Applied Wet and Dry Spectrum Cosmetics Fairy lady shadow in crease
Navy blue shadow from Sleek Storm Palette inner V of crease
Spectrum Cosmetics Blue my Mind shadow smudged on lower lash line
Mac's Blanc Type as a Highlight
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil in Zero
NYC Liquid Eyeliner in Black
Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara in Black

Photobucket

I decided to smudge a bit of Blue my Mind onto my lower lash line to keep the blue close to my eyes..plus I felt that if I left only black pencil on the lower lash line it wouldn't be quite complete.

Photobucket

The dark navy shadow from the Sleek Storm palette added just enough smokeiness and depth to the eye that I wanted for a day time look. Since Spectrum's Fairy Lady is such a hard matte shadow to get proper color pay out...I thought adding a darker blue would change the purple just a bit. Which the dark blue blended with Fairy Lady makes it a darker purple...which is kinda neat....at least to me.

Final Face

Photobucket

To finish off the face for cheeks I used my Go To blush NYX Cream blush in 11 Boho Chic. I'm not certain if it has just become habit to reach for this blush as it is one I am trying to finish. But I love the fact that I don't have to add any highlight to my face...as the shimmer in the Boho Chic works gives me enough shimmer. I lightly pat once on each cheek the Wet N Wild Color Icon Blush in Mellow Wine to help set the NYX Cream blush...as well as to just slightly darken the cheeks.

Photobucket
For lips I exfoliated with my Bubble Babez Lip Du Jour Sugar Scrub in Strawberry..as the winter weather has been rough on my lips (even though I wear pretty moisturzing lipglosses or chapsticks). I then applied NYX Lipliner in Natural and filled on..and applied ELF Luscious Liquid Lipstick (which is a lipgloss feeling to me) in Baby Lips.

The only thing this look was really missing was some falsies...whether they were to be more natural looking pair or even the accent lashes...it would've been the perfect final touch to the look! yet I didn't have enough time to put lashes on as I needed to head to work. Thus I had what I had!

Photobucket
Day Time look

Photobucket
Evening time: having added just a bit of Spaceships Don't have Reaview Mirrors on the inner corner of the lower lash line.

No comments:

Post a Comment