Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Kiss My Sass Cosmetics

I have been folllowing Kiss My Sass on Twitter for a bit now, and after seeing several swatches from the lovely Phyrra. I decided it was time to get some of my own products!!!!

Luckily for me, the lovely Elizabeth, owner of Kiss My Sass, offers a great deal for YouTube/Beauty bloggers. I met the requirements and after a bit of questioning (and much much debating) I decided on a few products!!! Considering I got to choose 7 different products from her line, I felt that my final decisions were going to allow me to get a full experience of what Kiss My Sass has to offer.

I placed my order on 7/13, costing me a total of $10.00 (mind you, there are particular requirements when purchasing the YouTube/Beauty Blogger Special. Since you get so many products and don't have to pay shipping and handling on...need to make sure you fellow as directed. Or literally pay the price). I received an email on 7/29 letting me know that my package was mailed (I do know in the time frame of being processed, Elizabeth had gone on a mini vacation. Which I believe every hard working woman/man need). I found my package in my mail box on 8/8 (did want to mention that my post office was closed on base due to a family day, so I did not receive mail the previous Friday before my package arrived).

Photobucket
What came in my package!  

Photobucket
Cute card, business card, a sample baggie of an eyeshadow and a pink ticket

----The pink ticket is for when Elizabeth does random raffles and you can win something fun!!! So it's important to keep your pink ticket in a safe place!---

Photobucket
Package of actual make up goodies!!! Isn't the baggie cute??

Photobucket
All my Awesome stuff!!

Since I got to choose a total of 7 different items, I decided to go with 5 eye shadows, 1 cheek product and 1 lip product. Also she did include a sample baggie of an eyeshadow as well!!!

**Now for this particular package, these are 5 gram jars. **
Photobucket
Cute Emblem as well
These jars were sealed

Photobucket
Come with a shifter

Photobucket
And all ingridents are listed nicely on the back of the jars

Let's get into swatches!!!!


Please note that the swatches of the powder products will appear in the following order, Left: DRY (no Base) Right: DRY (with base). The based used is High Voltage Eye Base in Skin Tone, and my fingers were used to  swatch the products. 
*Denotes the official website description of the product

****Also I want to state that these products were purchased with my own money, thus all my thoughts, first impressions and final review are my HONEST opinion**** 

Lips

Photobucket
In The Buff 

WITHOUT FLASH
Photobucket

WITH FLASH
Photobucket

Applied on Lips
No Flash
Photobucket

Applied on Lips
FLASH
Photobucket

In the Buff - thick but not sticky texture lip gloss (good for those who don't like sticky lip products...as who wants their hair stick to their lips). It is a soft peachy nude color (which sadly isn't for me...at least when I'm tan). It is scented combination of coconut milk & peaches, however it has no flavor whatsoever. And when one licks their lips (while this product is on) it does come off the lips. As well as leaves a slight slick residue in the mouth. 
  *In the Buff is a light peachy nude 

Cheeks

Photobucket
Glisten (highlighter)

WITHOUT FLASH
Photobucket

WITH FLASH
Photobucket

Glisten: golden peachy shimmer with gold reflects, definitely a highlight for those with olive skin tones (or those who tan easily). Could be used as a soft blush to give fairer skin a soft glow. Also could see this being added to a foundation to give a dewy look.
*Glisten is a peachy pink with golden shimmer

Eyes

Photobucket
Sahara

WITHOUT FLASH
Photobucket

WITH FLASH
Photobucket

Sahara - is a matte fleshtone brown/nude. Reminds me alot of Soft Brown by MAC...this color will definitely be my transitional color for blending!
*Sahara is a matte beige/tan


Photobucket
Swagger

WITHOUT FLASH
Photobucket

WITH FLASH
Photobucket

Swagger - a beautiful golden brown with gold reflects. This by far is one of my favorite colors from my package. This color is perfect for any neutral eye and is great for the fall. With it being between a golden brown I can see any eye color rocking it, and it being the eye color of a party!
*Swagger is bronze/brown with copper sparkles

Photobucket
Tea Rose

WITHOUT FLASH 
Photobucket

WITH FLASH
Photobucket

Tea Rose - soft pink/peach with golden shimmer. In the pictures it appears more golden beige than in person which it appears more pink. It reminds me alot of ELF Studio Blush in the Bronzer/Blush Duo.
*Tea Rose is a peachy pink with golden shimmers

Photobucket
Drama Queen


WITHOUT FLASH
Photobucket


WITH FLASH
Photobucket


Drama Queen- soft shimmery pale pink with golden shimmer. In the pictures the color comes off more yellow than it is in person. This will be a great highlight or inner corner eye brightener. 
* Drama Queen is sheer nude with heavy golden sheen

Photobucket
Fiesty

WITHOUT FLASH
Photobucket

WITH FLASH
Photobucket


Fiesty - matte burgundy. See this color being used to deepen a crease or on the lower lash line just to give the eye a bit of pop!
*Fiesty is deep matte burgundy.

Photobucket 
True Love
this was my free sample with my order! as every order gets a sample!

WITHOUT FLASH
Photobucket

WITH FLASH
Photobucket

True Love- perfect matte red. It reminds me dead on of Sugarpill's Love +. Something to keep in mind when  using such a matte bright color is the possibility of staining the skin. Which I did have a bit of when I attempted to clean off the swatches.
*True Love (when receive official description will fill in). 

Overall Impression
So far I like everything about Kiss My Sass Cosmetics, Elizabeth has been more than helpful with answering any of my questions. Plus I do like the personal touch of a card along with my order and order print out (so I can see everything that I originally ordered off the site). 

Also want to note in regards to amounts of product received in this package are broken down into the following:
Sample baggies contain 1/8 tsp of product**
**Unless the product is Cheek product which then there is 1/4 tsp of product in a baggie
Sample Jars (which are in the YouTube/Beauty Blogger Package) contain 1/4 tsp of product
Sample Lip pods contain (to be filled in once informed) of product

Hope to bring you a few fun FOTD's using these products, and a final review soon! 

Until then go check out Kiss My Sass


No comments:

Post a Comment