Thursday, August 25, 2011

Requested Look: Teen Make Up

Photobucket

Getting into the discussion of school starting next week here in Germany at the military schools, one of my friends and fellow military spouses actually made a make up request (as we were sitting drinking our coffee).

When I originally started making tutorials on my YouTube, I started off making picture tutorials (as I was not comfortable doing make up in front of the camera..plus I had a pretty shitty camera). So about this time last year I had gotten a request to do a teen make up look from one of my younger subscribers.  And since my friends know I do YouTube, they have obviously been checking out my videos here and there. Hence why my friend decided I needed to do a live tutorial version of teen make up.

Face:

Photobucket

Considering alot of teens should not (or choose not to) wear alot of face make up, I decided to keep the look pretty simple. Mostly reminding to conceal any spots and circles under their eyes (if they need to). Followed by a simple pressed powder to help eliminate shine (as teen hormones can make for an oily face).  And then just a light swipe of a blush just to give a little color to the face.

Photobucket

Products used:
ELF Studio Complete Concealer in Light
Sabrina Cosmetics Pressed Powder in #3
Blush from Coastal Scents 10 Blush Palette
NYX Mega Lipgloss in Perfect


Eyes:

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I wanted to keep the eyes semi simple and pretty light, so that you could tell there is make up on. However I didn't want it to look over done, especially considering this is for teenage girls. As I personally have a slight issue when I am out doing errands and have seen teenage girls wearing just as much make up as I do when I'm going out for a night with friends. Also, another issue I have is the black eyeliner on teenage girls...it's not that I dont think they should wear it. Rather then do tend to wear too much of it and then end up looking like raccoon later on in the day (I saw this first hand when I coached my girls 13 to 15 yr old basketball team). 

Photobucket

Photobucket

A simple neutralish eye with some more natural looking eyeliner (as I have always thought brown tends to look less harsh than black). 

Products used
ELF Essential Eyelid Primer
Coastal Scents 88 Matte Eyeshadow Palette (golden shimmery brown, dark matte brown mixed with a darker shimmery brown, light flesh tone matte, soft shimmery gold yellow)
P2 Automatic eye Kohl in Dark Brown (upper lash line and 1/4 on lower lash line)
Rimmel Glam Eyes Day 2 Night Mascara in black using Length side (top lashes only)

Hopefully my friend and her daughter actually like the look, though the colors dont have to be exact. I mostly wanted to point out that it's pretty easy to do with coordinating make up colors and of course about the eyeliner (doesn't need to be plied on thick).

Video


No comments:

Post a Comment