Saturday, August 19, 2017

Recovery is a long progress




It has been 63 days since I first hurt my elbow, I have been randomly doing yoga since day 44, around day 30 is when I started back at Spin class. As my elbow wasnt bothering me as bad as it was. I believe rest, light stretching and acupuncture has helped me out alot. 

I recently just added the Furious Fit Wear Resistance Bands to my routine and doing some pretty basic resistant training to help strength my tricep (which I believe is what I have actually injured). 

I have included some pics of the particular way I was doing the exercise using the  band in order to work the arms, especially the bicep and triceps.




Here I had the band twisted into a figure 8 the top hand is pressing up while the bottom hand presses down. This works the tricep of the arm that is pressing up.



Here is a variation of Fly, starting the arms shoulder width apart, keeping the elbows at a 90 degrees, I press the arms away from each other, stretching the band. Again working the tricep, but also engaging the bicep and the chest. This is great for women who don't want to gain a lot of muscle but want to tone their chest besides their arms.



Again another tricep and bicep, top hand palm faced up and bottom hand palm face down. keeping the shoulders down away from the ears and engaging the core, pressing the top palm up as the bottom presses down. Very slow movement, allowing for full control. Then switch and repeat opposite hands.

Overall, I am very happy with my Furious Fitwear Resistance bands, they are a great tool on my road to recovery. From what I understand with any type of tear or major injury especially in muscles of the arms it's a slow road to recovery. So I am taking each day for what it is and using my bands, and resting when needed.

These of course can be used for all sorts of exercises for legs, glutes, thighs, and more upper body. I am just sharing a bit of what I use mine for. I would highly recommend everyone to have a set to add into their work out routine, especially to change things up.

Get yours here

No comments:

Post a Comment