Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Update & Rant about 1st winter in Germany

I am so behind on blogging, for some odd reason when it comes to sitting down to write. I always seem to find an excuse to do something else (which has mostly been cruising Youtube , but that is besides the point).

At the current moment I have 12 videos on my YouTube Channel, and as of February 3rd 28 subscribers (woot, another 22 and I will do another contest), and 7 friends. And this will sound pretty lame, but these numbers make me really happy J Considering I just started doing videos on January 8th, so thank you!!! I only hope to be as talented as so many other make up junkies !!!

Now why would me, a pretty outgoing, spontaneous person want to do a YouTube channel? Pretty much it's a creative outlet for me while we (my hunny and me) are stationed here in Europe.

And yes I know, the next question you would ask, but Lo you are in Europe, what are you doing home making videos and blogging? Well mis bonitas this 1st winter here has been extremely rough, and the groundhog saw his shadow on the 2nd, so it means another 6 weeks of this stuff!

Like no joke, this past week to weekend, we overall received 15 inches of snow! Now, Germans are more prepared for this, but this Southern California girl didn't know what to do with herself! For reals, I never had to deal with driving around in snow. The only thing I ever had to worry about was if I had sunblock packed somewhere in a bag. Or figuring out a safe spot to hide any munchies away from evil seagulls. Who would've thought that I would have to deal with this?


Photobucket

Yes, it's beautiful. And yes, it's pretty sweet to go sledding down the hill behind our backyard. Or to make snowangels and snowmen.

What drives me batty, is that Germany is having a SALT shortage?! Did I say salt? Yes I said SALT!!! It has gotten to the point where the smaller towns/villages (which our town is included in this one) do not salt the roads through the town. They plow, so dodging piles of snow is always fun! NOT! They will salt one side of the Autobahn (which is the freeway here) and yes, it's true. There is no speed limit!

omg

I know I know, it comes off like I'm complaining and being super pessimistic. I do like being here in Germany, I mean who doesn't love Europe. This is an opportunity I will not let pass me by, I just wish it was spring already. With constantly having to call base (to verify what color road condition we are in) or check the weather on the internet it overall makes it very difficult to travel. Like yesterday I had the day off from work and I wanted to go to the gym, I figured I should call and make sure that it was open. Good thing I did, they had gotten the call from the Commander to close down for the day. Oh I bet y'all are wondering what some of the military stuff I will more than likely rant about. So I will make sure to inform you as I blog. Wouldn't want you to roll your eyes and go "Lo is talking crazy. She really needs to get out more often!"


Explanation of Road Condition Status for Civilians (Non-Military Personals)
military stuff


Doesn't that seem like a bunch of Gibberish?? I mean, seriously I have been a military dependent for 23 years! My pops was a Marine, and the hunny is Air Force, but I still for the life of me don't get their talk. I'm like "Babe, speak English!" I love him, but really sometimes...


Anywho that's that for my 1st rant about my 1st winter in Germany. I promise next blog will be something much more interesting, perhaps a review on the Coastal Scents brushes I got last week.

Besos

No comments:

Post a Comment