Sunday, March 13, 2011

Update: Finish What You Started Make Up Project 2011

So another two products done in my arsenal of beauty products...however I do already have new items to change out to since these two are done.

The first being my Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser Facial Scrub and the second being a travel size perfume of Paris Hilton's Can Can.

I have talked about my Clean & Clear Blackhead eraser scrub in my February Favorites video as it has been my GO TO facial cleanser for about 6 months. It just worked out to where I was using this after trying out the Proactive Line for my Acne Prone skin.

This product had a total of 5 ozs of product and I used it religiously once to at times twice a day with my facial scrubbie from Mayra's Cosmetics. I know, I know you aren't suppose to use a scrub everyday...but I do and I have had no major issues to my skin. Other than it staying for the most part pretty clean (with the occasional time of the month break out..I blame that on my choice of eating sweets before and then being lazy the first two days of it that I usually don't wash in the evenings before going to bed).


The website states "CLEAN & CLEAR® BLACKHEAD EARSERScrub has unique exfoliating multi-action beads that work to gently remove the trapped dirt, oil, and dead skin that can clog pores and lead to breakouts. Three sizes of multi-action beads allow surface exfoliation and a deep down clean. Salicylic Acid, an acne fighting medicine, clears blackheads and helps prevent new ones from forming."

Overall, I do agree with the statement, I do notice that the beads in the facial scrub...which is a good and bad thing (as they do like to get caught in my facial scrubbie pad). However it is a small price to pay for the nice, fresh, clean looking skin that I have been having for the past 4 to 5 months I have been using it. Plus the fact that it is a drug store product, thus it is easily found and semi affordable makes this scrub a nice addition to my daily facial routine.

What I'm planning to switch to


I plan on trying out a product that I received in a swap from last year..this one is the Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser...this has only 1 oz of product so I think it won't last me nearly as long as the other. However with the 1 oz size it gives me enough product to get a good sense of what it can do...yay for trial sizes!


The website states, "Deep Action Cream Cleanser removes dirt, oil and make-up deep down to the pores as you wash. Its oil-free formula won’t clog your pores and a special cooling ingredient leaves your skin feeling refreshed and clean."

I am going to be using this product tomorrow, so I will have to update in a few days of what I think of it overall. I'm hoping that the change from one facial cleanser to another wont cause a huge difference in my skin. But only time will be able to tell!

The other product that I finally finished up is one of my favorite perfumes...and I do already have a replacement of that particular scent already. However I wanted to use up the smaller bottle so that I could try and use a different perfume (as I carry this size in my make up bag...and once I throw a perfume in there...I normally don't take it out).

Paris Hilton's Can Can is definitely in my top 5 favorite perfumes...coming up at a top 3 position!!! I think sweet scents always smell pretty good on me (at least that is the consensus from others as I always get a comment when I wear this one...or freshen up with it).

The perfume is described as "Can Can opens with the vibrant notes of clementine flowers, blended with cassis and nectarine. Thenaughty but nicefloral heart blends orchid and orange blossom. The dry down brings harmony, with soft musk, amber, and woods.

Top note: Clementine, Flowers, Cassis, Nectarine

Middle note: Orchid, Orange Blossom
Base note: Soft Musk, Wood, Amber

Bottle: The sheer bottle is adorned with a pink feather. The bottle is encased in a white box embossed with feathers as a background pattern."


I will be sad not to have this in my make up bag but I do have another lovely Paris Hilton perfume to use instead.

<span class=Photobucket">


These two perfumes came in a set of various Paris Hilton perfumes that I got sometime last year...a bit after her Siren perfume came out...as I wanted to really try it...and seeing as I really liked several of her other scents. I figured money spent on getting a little set was well worth it.


I will be now using Paris Hilton's Paris Hilton perfume, one of her first perfumes launched when she started her line back in 2005.

The perfume is described as "At first scent, an ethereal halo of delicious Apple and juicy Peach. A luminous floral bouquet evolves with Mimosa, sheer Freesia and Jasmine petals. Warming down to a creamy texture of Sandalwood and Oakmoss laced with feminine Ylang-Ylang and a touch of sensual Phermones.


I have used this perfume before..though I do not need to nearly refresh with it as much as I did with the Can Can. I guess I will have to see if anyone notices the difference in my new go to scent...as well as if I will get as many compliments using it. As we all know...perfumes smell good on different people skin...and as sweet scents smell good on me (ie Can Can) something a little more floral (ie Paris Hilton) might be a bit different!


Sorry for the long winded update..but I figure it's good to get everything out about a particular product and why I like it. Perhaps it will help someone else formulate an opinion or interest!!!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment