Friday, July 28, 2017

Have you taken your Magnesium today?




Magnesium Citrate 
get your own Here

I have been on a journey to recovery now for almost 6 weeks. Today marked the 2nd yoga class I have taken, and exactly 41 days since I woke up in the the worse pain that only got worse as the day went on...and as the week went on.

I have been doing Yoga for 4 years pretty regularly. This was the first time in a long time, that I required so much time off. To rest, heal and now that I am feeling better...I have to be alot more mindful of my elbow joint, which had never bothered me before up until 40 days ago. 

I sought alot of different treatments in order to feel normal, or as normal as I could. Rest, the RICE method...stretching gently, a tens-unit on the muscles around the joint and finally acupuncture. So far the acupuncture has been the best route..it was the acupuncturist that recommended I started taking Magnesium as a supplement besides my daily vitamin.

it is recommended a woman my age 30 yrs and up take 320 mg a day, while a male of the same age takes 360 to 400 mg. 

In the time frame of 3 weeks of regular dose of magnesium citrate, my overall health of my eblow joint is much improved. Perhaps the combination of everything together is truly what makes it work, but I have noticed a difference from the type of pain I had when I was NOT taking Magnesium to while I am.

Keep in mind, I still have pain..it;s more like stiffness or a dull ache that I am aware of...but the level of pain is low 1 maybe 2 at the worse. While when I was going through the process of trying to figure out what would work for me, it would range from a 5 to 5.5 in the am and at times get up to a 6 to 6.5

The worst morning, I remember I had to drive my bf to work because he was going on a business trip, and he had to drive because I hurt. I hurt so much, just trying to get comfortable in the passenger seat...I had lightening shoot up my arm into my shoulder and back. I couldn't stop the tears from rolling down my cheeks. 

And now...an ibuprofen a day and my daily dose of Magnesium Citrate and days like I described are part of the past. It's relieving and quite astonishing to me, that something so little as a vitamin supplement can have such an impact on health and well being.


No comments:

Post a Comment