Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 2: Need a little help from my friend!

Another day...another photo challenge to follow through with. Boy does this whole actually writing thing feel pretty good.

Gonna go on a random little tangent and just point out that I haven't fully blogged about much about myself this past year. I don't know if it's because I think people won't find me interesting...or if I think people know too much about me they won't want to watch my videos anymore! HA HA

I'm taking the time to do this blog entry, after having a very quick and easy dinner with the mister. It was Taco Wednesdays here in our house...ground spicy turkey taco meat on hard shells with spicy Mexican rice. Sadly no beans...but you know...the mister wasn't disappointed. Nor was there an extra pot to have to clean up afterwards!!! woot for that!

So, I guess I better get to the actual point in my blog posting today...which is DAY 2!!

Day 02 - A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest

Photobucket
My Mom and Me May 2010 at my cousins college graduation

As cheesy as it sounds my mom is prolly one of the closest friends that I do have. Yeah it is my mom...you got a problem with that??!!!

When I was younger it definitely had more of the "what mom says" goes type of thing. But as an adult our relationship has changed for the better, I can turn to her for advice or just someone to vent to...though of course again it is my MOM!

I guess the biggest double edge sword about your mom being one of your closest friends is that you can't hide or lie from the truth. If something is wrong my mom can read it...whether it's written on my face...or hidden in my voice. My mom will be the first one to ask what's going on, and no matter what it is. I know that she will always be there for me.

I normally check in with my mom once a week on the phone...and once a weekend as well. We will shoot emails back and forth during the week when she is at work...as the 9 hour difference between Germany and California is pretty lame! Considering she is someone who isn't a night owl...trying to call in the later morning here in Germany does not work! I would have to get up pretty early to attempt to catch her at a decent hour (or try to call after getting in from a night out with friends).

I respect and look up to my mom...not only as a mother...but as a woman. My mom has gone through alot in her life, she always puts herself second and her family first. She is a devoted and selfless person, who I only hope I can be like as I get older.

My mom jokes saying that if it wasn't for the fact that she is my mom (and a Libra) that I would be just as crazy as the rest of the female Scorpios that she has to deal with in her life. Maybe she is right...cause I'm not your typical female Scorpio (the rest of them be CRAY CRAY).

No matter what...I'm thankful and very very blessed to have such an amazing woman, and friend in my life....Love you Mom!!!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment