Thursday, November 25, 2010

In The Kitchen: Homemade Spaghetti Sauce

Considering the fact that I tend to make this dish at least once every pay period for our house (every two weeks). I figured I would include the posting of this to my blog.

Homemade Spaghetti Sauce is recipe followed to an extent but has room for creative additions. Every time I actually make this sauce, whether it is meaty or not, I always end up tweaking the ingredients just slightly.

The most recent time I added more onions and garlic than usual, so I had to counter the acidic flavoring by sprinkling more brown sugar.

Funny, I never thought to do that when I originally started making this recipe until Joe had mentioned it to me (gotta love a man who knows a little something something in the kitchen)! Joe said the garlic and onion was overwhelming at times, that he could hardly taste the tomato. Besides it causing him alot of unnecessary heart burn and indigestion.
TOO much acid will cause these unfortunate and yucky feelings...hence why the brown sugar became a staple in my recipe.

What is great about sauces, is they are easy to make, always end up with more than you need, and they are great to freeze and use at another date.

When we do this sauce, I end up with enough to feed 2 adults, fill 2 decent size containers that could be eaten as lunch or dinner left overs, and (if its the non meaty version) enough to freeze for another 2 person course.

Photobucket

Now, when it comes to sauces everyone will have their own extra additions and tricks, and it will take several makings of the sauce to get it to where you like it. So far, I have enjoyed the sauces I have come up with.

If you want to know how I do my personal homemade Spaghetti Sauce then check on the video !

No comments:

Post a Comment