Thursday, November 11, 2010

FOTD: Glamour Doll Eyes Greens

So another day, another FOTD!!!!

This week I have been off from work, celebrating my birthday/anniversary/husband's birthday week! Yes, we make it a week because my birthday is the 7th, anniversary the 9th, his birthday the 11th.
This year sadly we didn't have enough funds to go somewhere (last year we went to Amsterdam for three days...and boy was that a trip to remember. NOTE: DO NOT TRY CHINESE FOOD IN THE NETHERLANDS).

Since we were local, I decided to take a job doing make up and hair for another military spouse (she was attending her husband's graduation from leadership school. And wanted to get pampered. Now, sadly the hair thing didn't work out as well as I would've liked. Though I do think the make up I did was nice (sadly it didn't photograph well...looked so much nicer in person...hate it when that happens). So far I have made a small routine of making sure my own personal make up is pretty that day. I mean who would want their make up done by someone who isn't done up NICE themselves???!!!

So I reached for my favorite minerals, Glamour Doll Eyes.



Considering I decided on a very basic outfit to wear (black top and jeans, I wanted to have a pop of color). Thus, I thought it would be fun to play with some colors I don't use that often, GREENS! I have always heard that brown eyed girls can look great with most colors, I have been told by at least two make up artists to try Green.

Photobucket
So I decided, sure why not!!!!

Photobucket
Products used for this look:
MAC Soft Orche Paint Pot
MAC Fix + to apply the lid color
Glamour Doll Eyes Apple Martini shadow (all over lid)
Glamour Doll Eyes Olivia Green shadow (blended light into the crease)
Glamour Doll Eyes Urban Trash shadow (inner v and blended into crease)
80's Child Collection Jerrica shadow (highlight)
80's Child Collection Shimmer shadow (inner tear duct and highest point of brow)
P2 Liquid Eyeliner in black
Wet N Wild Cream liner in black (waterline)
CoverGirl Lash Blast Waterproof Mascara in Black
Photobucket

Photobucket
I did use a bit of Apple Martini, Olivia Green and Urban Trash on my lower lash line.

Photobucket

Using two different matte shadows in this eye is something I don't normally do. However I thought Olivia Green would be a good complementary color to go along with the shimmer in Apple Martini. Yet I wanted just a hint of black in the inner v to darken the look. It's very subtle and soft, I didn't want to take away from the greens.
Photobucket
Using some of the 80's Child Collection shadows has been a goal of mine. I received them earlier last month and have been so busy I really haven't given myself time to be creative. Figures that it comes out when I'm getting ready to go do someone else's make up! ha ha

**To finish off this look, I decided on peachy cheeks, using my Jordana blush in Coral Sandy Beach and for lips a pinky brown shade. I used NYX Lip Liner in Natural and NYX Girls Round Lipstick in Thalia, topping it off with a little bit of ELF's Super Shiny Lip Shine in New York ( a discontinued orangey/nude color). **

Overall, I thought this look was pretty and easy. I might (actually give myself time and recreate it for a tutorial).

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment