Saturday, November 13, 2010

FOTD: Glamour Doll Eyes 80's Child

I actually did this look a few weekends ago (ie Halloween weekend) but with this week of my mini vacation. I got pretty lazy when it came to blogging, so I figured it was time to get cracking down on some of these Glamour Doll Eyes looks I have been hording! he he

I received my 80's Child Collection the week prior to Halloween and decided that it was time to play with the colors. Now, if you haven't checked out the 80's Child Collection from Glamour Doll Eyes, you are missing out on some amazing SHIMMER FILLED COLORED FUN! And considering that I was a child of the 80's (and these shadows are based off of some of mt favorite shows as a child. I had to get them for my birthday.)

I felt pretty feminine that day, I actually decided on my shirt and accessories before I did my make up (normally it's vice versa). So keeping the pink in mind and wanting to use the 80's Child Collection shadows I came up with this kinda fun and super easy look.

Not really certain what to call it, I asked Joe and he was at a lost! that NEVER happens! he he
Photobucket
Products used for this FOTD:
MAC Paint Pot in Soft Orche
MAC Fix + (to wet the shadows & make liner)
Glamour Doll Eyes 80's Child Shadow in Romper (all over lid)
Glamour Doll Eyes 80's Child Shadow in Berrywood (in crease)
Glamour Doll Eyes 80's Child Shadow in Shimmer (as highlight & inner tear duct)
Glamour Doll Eyes 80's Child Shadow in Vanity (as liner for top & Lower lash lines)
MAC Eye Kohl in Fascinating
Lancome Deficiles Mascara in Black
Photobucket

Going to post some pictures of the Eyes in particular, since it's all about the eyes in this look anyways! I know with such a bright liner, one would opt for false lashes. However I think this can be done as an everyday fun look!
Natural Light
Photobucket
Photobucket

I believe that blue shadows look really great with Brown eyes, it just seems to draw attention.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I didn't want to over do wing in this eye, just because then it would REQUIRE lashes in my opinion. So I kept it small (compared to how I normally do colored liner looks).
Photobucket
Photobucket
One thing I love about Glamour Doll Eyes shadows is the fact that they make such great eyeliners! Vanity is beautiful blue with silver sparkles, and when its applied wet it takes a neon blue that just really POPS!
With FLASH
Photobucket
Photobucket
Using Shimmer as a highlight and eye brightener in the inner tear duct (in my opinon) finishes off this look. It adds just enough shimmer and glitter to the eye, plus with its multi colored sparkles (yellow, red, blue, purple, pink) it was just perfect!

**For the rest of the face I paired it off with some light pink cheeks using my NYX Blush in Pinky and for lips I decided on a recent newest go to, NYX Lip Liner in Fuchsia topped off with Glamour Gloss in Scene Queen**

Overall, I really liked the combination of these shadows together! I hope to give myself some more time sometime soon and come up with another fun 80's Child FOTD!!

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment