Wednesday, August 2, 2017

I love HomeMade Accessories!

Me wearing my new necklace from Kimberly Love's Storenvy

If you haven't noticed, I love to share a little love with the smaller homemade accessories, as I feel the pieces are unique and beautiful. I recently placed an order at Kimberly Love's Storenvy accessory store. 

How I originally heard about Kimberly Love is when I was originally living in Germany. A photographer that I worked on several projects with had found Kimberly's page (originally on Facebook) as she is also a model. He brought her accessories to my attention, as he knew that I loved jewerly, to add to my kit for photoshoots (and within my own personal collection).

I was sad that I personally never got to work with Kimberly, but we remained friends on facebook, so when she put up a link to her store. I knew I had to check out what she had available to purchase, as I loved the various pictures of jewelry she had posted (jewelry pieces that she made for herself). 

What caught my attention and had to be the piece that I purchased first from her line was 
My new accessory is described as "Black and silver spike necklace 18" in length with extended chain to fit your desired length. Spikes are lightweight." 

Overall, I'm very pleased with the necklace, it's light weight around the neck so I don't feel like i'm choking. The actual look of the necklace is fun, it's edgy and very PUNK ROCK! 

I wore it to work today (which dress code is business casual) and it was still within dress code. I wore it this past weekend with a plain black t shirt and it just gave that extra little paspazz to a kinda plain outfit (especially if it's paired up with a smokey look). 

I think it will be one of my new favorite pieces, which I can easily the necklace with black stud earrings or some silver simple hoops. Since this piece is attention grabbing, if it were paired up with earrings that had too much going on, I think it would take away from the awesomeness of the necklace.

Things to note:

The necklace cost a total of $20.00 which I think is a fairly decent price for a nicer necklace. And  the total I was charged for shipping and handling was $2.97, which left me overall paying a total of $22.97 for my item.

Kim is very through in regards to communication with my purchase, she messaged me on Storenvy as well as my personal email to let me know of my shipping tracking number. **Which I was her store's first official customer on her site, thus she was kinda enough to offer me a discount on my next purchase (which I'm thinking I will be doing after my first paycheck from my new job). 

I paid for my item on February 16th, it was put out in the mail on the 17th (keep in mind it was being sent from Germany to the US via first class shipping) and was delivered to my home on the 25th. 
Overall taking 7 business to arrive at my home, as the post office was closed on Sunday and then again on Monday (for holiday). 

What I want to draw attention to is the actual packaging of the item I purchased.

My necklace was packaged as so inside a padded envelope.

Even more care as within the cute package is more packaging..my necklace was definitely safe! 

Under the bubblewrap, even more packaging!

Now I'm not at all complaining, the fact that Kim is taking such great care to make sure her creation and my item gets safely to me is fantastic! 

My first Piece from Kimberly Love


Overall, I'm very very pleased with my purchase. I think the price of the item was fair, shipping was fast (as well as very good price). And the fact that the item was so cute and awesomely wrapped that I can't wait to see what else she places on her site...as I want another piece for myself (and one to share!!!).








No comments:

Post a Comment