Tuesday, January 18, 2011

FOTD: Providence and Grace Inspired Pin Up

I decided it was time to play with the products that I had received to review from Providence and Grace Fine Cosmetics.
Considering the fact I chose mostly neutral colors, I had an idea in mind of what look I wanted to create with the products (ie Pin Up Inspired). The fact that I have recently been dying in my hair black and majorly preferring wine to red color lipsticks made it quite easy and almost natural to choose to create such a look.
The one difference that I wanted to add into the look was w bit of color, I originally though perhaps a purple liner would be good. However, it is my opinion that brown eyes pop a bit more when a blue color is used. Thus I decided aqua would be a fun color to use as a liner.

I have created a look very very similar using Glamour Doll Eyes products. However I felt the colors in Providence and Grace had a bit more of a metallic look to them, thus it would make the look appear different. Besides the fact the lip color us definitely different compared to the Look I did using GDE.

Look
Photobucket

Photobucket
Products used for Eyes:
Providence and Grace EyeShadow Primer
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Yogurt
Matte Nude shadow from LA Colors Traditional Palette all over eye
Providence and Grace Mineral Shadow in Baby all over lid (applied wet)
Providence and Grace Mineral Shadow in Antique Copper in Crease
Providence and Grace Mineral Shadow in Shine as Highlight and Inner tear Duct
Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil in Flipside lower lash line
MAC Eye Kohl in Fascinating in water line
Jemma Kidd Liquid Eyeliner in Covert upper lash line
Benefit's Bad Gal Mascara in Black
Andrea's Demi Lashes in 305

Semi Closed Eye
Photobucket

Open Eye
Photobucket
I personally really like the use of blues as liner, anything from an dark navy to aqua (like I used in this look). I think for brown eyes it really makes the eyes pop more...true it more than likely does the same for any eye color. But whenever I wear blues...I notice I get more compliments.

Photobucket

On Lips:
Estee Lauder Lipliner in Tawny 03
Providence and Grace Lipstick in Bite
Providence and Grace Lip Glaze in Queen

Photobucket

If you are interested to see how I created this look then please watch the following video:

Overall I really enjoyed using the various products from Providence and Grace.

If you haven't checked out their website, definitely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment