Monday, January 24, 2011

In the Kitchen: Baked Sour Cream Chicken

This is actually one of my favorite recipes I learned from one of my old bosses, back when I was single working in retail.

It worked out to where I had decided it was time to start bringing my lunch to work, as it would save me money and time on my break. Thus I was in the "learning" mode to find inexpensive and relatively easy dishes that I could make (and have a decent amount of left overs with).

Between choice of red meat or chicken, I more often pick chicken..honestly I really don't know why. Though it does seem to drive my mister a bit batty (as he is from Texas..and they love their red MEAT).

So when my boss shared with me this simple and easy Baked Sour Cream Chicken dish, it was quickly added to my list of dishes I could make. The longest part out of the whole dish is really the prepping and the rest is quite simple.

This recipe I would recommend to any beginner cook or (at times) lazy guy who wants homecooked food with little to no hassle. Joe is not a big fan of this dish, because he doesn't like celery seed...so I have had to tone down the amount I use in it to appease his taste. Nonetheless I still like it and I cook this dish at least once a month.

Check out the video of how to make it yourself:

No comments:

Post a Comment