Thursday, December 2, 2010

Freelance Make Up Artist Again?



Another day, another opportunity to get some work in the freelance business! YAY!

I was contacted by a local active duty military wife, who was having Bridal pictures done by a local (again active duty) photographer.

Considering I had never done bridal before, I jumped at the opportunity to try my hand at it. We all met at the photographers home, which is where his studio is located at. However, they only met there so that the bride could be shuttled to their actual location...which was an old church about 15 minutes away from the photographers studio.

So I took a total of just over an hour to do the bride's make up, I was nervous as heck. However I did what I had to do, attempting to get everything just right, besides in a hurry. I tell you what...me and trying to rush false eyelashes! FAIL! Took me a few tries but I finally got everything in its place. Made a new contact in regards to photographers and added some nifty pictures to my make up portfolio.

Bride to be, Sarah Adams
Before Shot
Photobucket

After Shot
Photobucket

Overall, I thought I did a fairly good job on the make up, considering Sarah had a bit of a break out. Thanks to some good drug store concealer, Maybelline Dream Mousse in Light 0-1 and Revlon PhotoReady Foundation mixture of 001 Ivory and 006 Medium Beige. I think her skin came out pretty flawless! YAY for drug store products in my kit! ha ha

Some more pics while I was doing her make up

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This by far was my favorite pic of Sarah while we were talking!

Finally Pictures during Sarah's Shoot
Photobucket
Sarah's Gown was so pretty!

Photobucket
She makes a gorgeous Bride!


No comments:

Post a Comment