Thursday, December 9, 2010

FOTD: Using Sedona Lace 15 Ultra Shimmer Palette


As you know I picked out the Sedona Lace 15 Ultra Shimmer Palette for my birthday, as I LOVE purples, blues and greens...especially shimmery eyeshadows.

Photobucket

No Lies, I'm damn happy that I decided to choose this palette for a present, as this palette is just to die for...and you can seriously just go hog wild with the different colors...especially if you like blues...no lies there are about 7 different hues of blues in this palette. Wow...I'm not at all tired while blogging about my palette!!! ha ha ha

Anyways so I have dug into the palette, and in a different post I will do swatches of the different colors so that anyone who hasn't seen it can get a better idea of the loveliness that it is! But let me get to the FOTD. I have done this looks twice so far and always get a compliment that day about how pretty the colors are.

No Flash
Photobucket

Photobucket
I used a mixture of the darker purple on the first 1/3 of my lid, followed by a light grey on the 2nd 1/3 and then the bright blue on the last 1/3 and blended that blue up into the crease. For a highlight I used Mac's Vanilla.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Looking at the picture the middle grey shadow looks more blue...I think it is due to all the shimmer that is in the shadows. No matter what the case maybe, I think the colors are so vibrant!
Photobucket

for the rest of the face I used Mac's Coy Girl on the cheeks, though I opted for no highlight on the cheeks considering I wanted the man focus to be on the shimmer on the eyes. And for Lips I have just been in love with my NYX Fuschia Lipliner and Glamour Gloss in Scene Queen.

Photobucket
You can actually tell better in this picture, but for the lower lash line I used on the outside half the darkest green shadow, and on the inner half I used the lightest green shadow.

Flash
Photobucket

Photobucket

I will comment this much, when the flash is used, the shadows especially the grey and the blue do look pretty similar...however in person you can actually tell there were different colors.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Overall, I think this is a fun look, I was a bit inspired from the Lovely Vee, yes Miss Glamour Doll Eyes herself, to create this look. After seeing her tutorial using this palette, the video pretty much sold me on getting it.
And NO LIES....so glad I did!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment