Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It's all about MAC...Lipsticks....


So after much thought I decided it was time to slowly go through my large personal make up collection and start posting most swatches ...plus it kinda gives me an idea of what all I have. If you are a make up junkie about half the time you gravitate towards certain colors or formulas. Thus really digging through and swatching your collection can help organize, realize and recatergorize!!! ha ha 
Considering I don't have to many actual MAC lipsticks, I figured I would start off first with them. As when I truely first got into make up, my first major make up purchase (which was really a gift) was for MAC.

FROST
Photobucket
No FLASH
                                 Pictured left to right: Rambling Rose, Creme de la Femme, Angel


Photobucket
Rambling Rose Lipstick

    Peachy Melon with gold reflects. This color is a great early spring and summer. I actually got this lipstick from a friend that I use to work with (she was cleaning out her lipsticks and this was one she didn't care for anymore). It was my go to color since she gave it to me which was March...I just paired it off with a pinky lipgloss when I was paler. Now that it is summer it's perfect to wear on it's own.

Photobucket
 Flash

Photobucket
 NO Flash

Photobucket
Me wearing Rambling Rose

Photobucket
Creme De La Femme Lipstick

   Soft Pinky/muave with gold shimmer. Another lipstick I picked up again based off of EmilyNoel83's suggestion (yup she is my go to girl for lipstick suggestions). It's a nice pink that I think can go good with any skintone. Even at the point of my tan right now, I can still pull it off. It gives me nice healthy looking lips!!!


Photobucket
Flash

Photobucket
NO Flash

Photobucket
Wearing Creme De La Femme

Photobucket
Angel Lipstick

   Baby pink with shimmer. This lipstick was actually my first Back to MAC product via mail. I chose this color based off of EmilyNoel83's love for the color. Although it's a pinky color, I love how it soft so to add just a bit of femininity to a look. However, I prefer to wear this when I'm paler...as I feel with me being so middle ground tan...it washes me out a bit.  

Photobucket
Flash

Photobucket
NO Flash

Photobucket
Wearing Angel

Photobucket
Frost Lipsticks with FLASH

Final thoughts with Frosts: Most of the lipsticks will be pretty packed with glitter...which can dry out your lips. Plus leave a glittery residue all over your lips, even after wiping throughly with a make up wipe. I like the colors I currently have, though I am thinking I'm going to try to stay away from these type from now on.

LUSTRE
Photobucket
NO Flash
Left to right: Plumful and Sheer Plum

Photobucket
Plumful Lipstick

   Soft plummy/berry color. This was the 1st darker color in my collection of MAC lipsticks, I wanted to try something different (exact words to the sales girl in Nordstorm..as I was exchanging something a friend had given me because I didn't like the color). This lipstick was my first babystep into trying wine colored lipsticks, and considering I have black hair now. I think this color looks fabulous anytime (I don't believe lipstick is only day time or night time appropriate. I wear what I want...when I want!).

Photobucket
Flash

Photobucket
NO Flash

Photobucket
Wearing Plumful

Photobucket
Sheer Plum Lipstick

  Medium brown with a slight berry undertone. Do not be fooled by the name of this lipstick!!! This was another lipstick that my friend from work had given me (stating it was too dark for her skin tone). I don't really know how I feel about this color, true it brings out the brown in my eyes. But I just don't know if I like it or not (all pale skintones stay away from this color!!!).

Photobucket
Flash

Photobucket
NO Flash

Photobucket
Wearing Sheer Plum

Photobucket
Lustre Lipsticks with FLASH

Final Thoughts on Lustre Lipsticks: I like this formulation well enough, you can really build up the color and intensity of a color by reapplying. As the first coat or two is slightly sheer, thus you can change the look of your lips. I'm thinking I want to get another lipstick or two of this type in some different colors and continue to layer and see the difference.

VIVA GLAMS 
Photobucket
NO FLASH
Left to Right: Lady Gaga 2, Lady Gaga



Photobucket
Lady Gaga Viva Glam Lipstick * Lustre

   Baby Pink with hint of purple. This was the color of the season in spring 2010, considering I was going through my huge pink faze. I had to have this color in my collection (and I have found a European Brand Dupe for this exact color. It's my Astor...and I have it in my kit). I only used half of this color in 2010...and I will randomly pull it out now. However I do prefer to rock it when I'm lighter...verses being tanned as I am now. 

Photobucket
Flash

Photobucket
NO Flash

Photobucket
Wearing Lady Gaga

Photobucket
Viva Glam Lady Gaga 2 Lipstick *Amplified

  Perfect Nude lip color. This is the color of the current 2011 season for Viva Glam colors. Everyone kept saying how it was a perfect blend of two different (and popular) nude lipsticks. I got this lipstick because I wanted to try out the nude lip, and while it looks great on me when I'm pale. It looks HORRID now...this lipstick I foreseen being used rarely in my collection. 

Photobucket
Flash

Photobucket
NO Flash

Photobucket
Wearing Lady Gaga 2

Photobucket
Flash

Final Thoughts on Viva Glam Lipsticks: The formula for these lipsticks differ slighly, as they are different types within the MAC brand. I believe it really is important to have a Viva Glam lipstick in a MAC collection (as the total profit from the sale of a Viva Glam lipstick goes to cancer research). I like Lady Gaga is is more than likely why I purchased her Viva Glam Lipsticks. I do want to try other Viva Glam colors and see how they look. Plus I know my money (that I'm willing to spend at MAC) goes to a good cause.

AMPLIFIED


mac
Show Orchid Lipstick

  bright fuschia pink with a duo chrome of purpley/green. I have blogged about this lipstick already (and it's drug store dupe..that is also in my collection). This has been my new favorite lipstick to rock this summer, as its bright, pretty and can make a simple make up look pulled together. I think every female should have a bright/statement color as Show Orchid is. I got this color in my most recently Back to MAC mailing because of VintageorTacky (she is my second favorite lip product go to girl).

show orchid
NO Flash

Photobucket
Wearing Show Orchid

Final Thoughts on Amplified Lipsticks: The color payoff to this type of formula is nice, it's easy to apply and keeps your lips moisturized. To make the color darker or pop, just build with layers of the product. 

MATTE
Photobucket
NO Flash
Left to Right: Wild 'Bout You and Russian Red


Photobucket
Wild 'Bout You Lipstick

   Deep Rich Berry/fuchsia. This is another lipstick color I got from my friend and I totally DIG it! Especially having dark hair and dark eyes, it really gives that sex kitten (semi gothy) spin. Plus it's something totally different if you wanted to do a Modern day Pin Up, bringing it to the 2011 era (ha ha). 

 Photobucket
Flash

Photobucket
NO Flash

Photobucket
Wearing Wild 'Bout  You


Photobucket
Russian Red Lipstick

  True Blue toned Red color. This is the infamous red lipstick to have if you like MAC, because it is one of two matte reds (the other being Ruby Woo) offered in the line. True there are several drug store dupes to Russian Red, but whenever I think of Pin Up (or Kat Von D). I automatically think of Russian Red!! Plus I always feel ubber sexy when I'm wearing it!!!

Flash

Photobucket
NO Flash

Photobucket
Wearing Russian Red


Photobucket
Flash


Final Thoughts of Matte Lipsticks: I actually really enjoy mattes, I think I need to put a few more into my collection. The one thing about matte lipsticks is you need to make sure that your lips are moisturized first before putting it on (as it will show flakey lips). I like to use a sugar lip scrub once a week to help with this issue (but especially if I plan on wearing one of these colors).

Random Discontinued Products

SlimShine Lipstick
Photobucket
NO Flash
Color: Kissable

This lipstick I received from my friend (yes she did hook me up with alot of MAC make up at the time...she is amazing!!!). The texture of this lip product is interesting because it reminds me of a liquidy lipstick...as if you mixed lipstick and lipgloss together and put it into a tube. The color itself is a soft bubble gum pink and the actual pigmentation reminds me of a gloss. 

Photobucket
Flash

Photobucket
NO Flash

Photobucket
Wearing Kissable

Final Thoughts on this product: I can see why this lipstick didn't really last long...however it's something different to have. Though I would've never paid money for the product. Thank Goodness for good friends!


PhotobucketPhotobucket
                               Flash                                                    NO Flash
Pictured: Top Row: Rambling Rose, Creme De La Femme, Angel
                Bottom Row: Viva Glam Lady Gaga 2, Viva Glam Lady Gaga


PhotobucketPhotobucket
          NO Flash                                                                      Flash
Pictured Top Row: Show Orchid
               Middle Row: Wild 'Bout You, Russian Red
               Bottom Row: Plumful , Sheer Plum



My Collection
Photobucket                             Photobucket
   NO Flash                                                                             Flash



Final Thoughts:
I don't think you need to have a MAC lipstick collection, I think that one MAC lipstick is good to have. Just so you can compare what you have already to what most people within the beauty refer to in their make up talk. 



No comments:

Post a Comment