Thursday, July 28, 2011

FOTD: Feeling Blue with High Voltage Cosmetics

Photobucket

I decided it was time to actually dig in my collection and pull out one brand of eye make up to play with today..and High Voltage Cosmetics was what I decided on!!!

I recently reorganized my entire eyes section of my make up collection (which everything is broken down into color families..I will do an updated make up storage video for the YT channel soon so you can see what I mean...well if you like). Thus I kinda just reached into one section and then attempted to find coordinating colors afterwards.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blue with just a hint of purple...normally I would automatically think of a bruise...but I thought the colors looked pretty together.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Products used:

High Voltage Cosmetics EyeShadow Base in Skin Tone
High Voltage Cosmetics Shadow Girls Night Out all over lid lightly blended towards crease
Sleek Storm Palette- matte skin tone shadow blended into crease
High Voltage Cosmetics Shadow Mind's Eye blended into crease
High Voltage Cosmetics Shadow Master of Disguise highlight and inner tear duct eye brightener
High Voltage Cosmetics Shadow Mystery #33 lower lash line
P2 Automatic Eye Kajalah in Black
NYC Liquid Eyeliner in Black
Clinique High Impact Mascara in Black

Sabrina Cosmetics Pressed Powder in #3
ELF Studio Complete Concealer in Light
ELF Studio Duo Bronzer/blush Bronzer for contour
NARS blush in Mata Hara

ELF Essential LipLiner in Bark
NYX Girls Round Lipstick in Orange Soda
ELF Essential Gloss in New York (discontinued color)

It was my first time trying out the High Voltage Eye Shadow Base..I figured it was time to attempt to use new base. Plus I noticed I had accidently not tightened the lid of the jar when I was fiddling with it the other day..so it looked slightly dry on top. Hence why I messed with it today...gotta make sure I close jars all the way. Don't want my good products going to waste!!! 

The shadow base was easy to apply to the skin and considering I went about 10 hours before it started to sho some signs of creasing...I would say pretty damn good (for the first time). I'm going to continue to use it for the rest of the month (and summer) to develop a final opinion on it. And review it at the end of August, so keep an eye out for that!!! 

It was the first time I also used all three of the High Voltage shadows...and I'm absolutely in love with Master of Disguise. It is just a perfect high light color...that I totally am going to use more often. Girls Night Out is an interesting blend of blue/purple with silver shimmer, I applied it wet all over the lid. Blended Mind's Eye into the crease, which is a darker blue/black with a hint of shimmer as well. 

I think I'm going to have to play a bit more with my minerals...I actually struggled today to attempt to first put them on...which means....I'm rusty!!!! he he 

Photobucket
I also rocked my New Bottle Ring that I got from Battie Bows

Photobucket
Yup Yup, SOA!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment