Thursday, July 14, 2011

FOTD: Tarnished Gold


Today was a pretty productive day...which for a Thursday never happens! I got my business for the day of errands running, gym time and some much needed make up time in!!! I'm happy because I even decided to film the look that I came up with...as I have been recently this summer been rocking the neutral look.

Course with it being tutorial worthy...I decided to "glam" it up a bit...so that it can be worn going out or for a special occasion. But because I'm me....I would wear this any old day!

Photobucket

Face:
Revlon Photoready Foundation in 005 Natural Beige
Milani HD Advanced Concealer in 02
Sabrina Cosmetics Pressed Powder in #3
ELF Studio Duo Bronzer/Blush Bronzer to contour
Jordana 38 Coral Sandy Beach blush
Hard Candy Baked Bronzer in Tropics for highlight

Lips:
Victoria Secret Lipliner in Nude Blush
MAC lipstick in Lame
MAC limited edition Lipglass in Moonbathe
*I dabbed a bit of Still Glamours Glee on cupid's bow and middle of lower lip

Photobucket

Photobucket

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Sleek Palette 547 Storm - matte flesh tone color (similar MAC Soft Brown)
MAC Dark Devotion E/S blended into outer V
MAC Gorgeous E/S Highlight
Sleek Palette 547 Storm - Frosty champagne highest point of brows
Still Glamorus Glee Pigment*
P2 Perfect Look Kajal in Black
Essence Multi Action Smokey Eyes Mascara in Black
Revlon Beyond Natural Lashes

*Applied Glee Pigment using "Foil Me" from Glamour Doll Eyes

Photobucket

Photobucket

I wonder if I should've done a strong pretty black liner verses smudging the black pencil into the lash line...Guess I will try doing this look again and see which version I like better!

Photobucket

Figure I would sport a funky hairdo with the look...even paired it off with some earrings I haven't even worn yet!! WOOT WOOT!

Photobucket

Overall, I think the look is pretty...could easily smoke out the crease more and make it more vampy for the evening time.

**Side note, I loved the way the Glamour Doll Eyes "Foil Me" got the pigment to stick...though I'm leery about the actual quality of the pigment I chose today to use. Glee is the only pigment I have left from Still Glamorus (as I swapped someone from the states and gave them all the others I had, minus Glee). As I thought Glee was an interesting color and at the time I did not have any loose shadows similar (I do think I need to swatch my golds and see what I have now).
Using the "Foil Me" really made the color pop as well as adhere to my lid..though I think I used almost too much when I initially started on the eye that I recorded and had to fix it once I turned off the camera. I think a big issue with that was the fact I used my Sigma flat shader brush and that thing picks up a TON of product (which is a good and bad thing). Have to try a a different brush with Glee and see if it was the tool, or the product!!! HA HA


No comments:

Post a Comment