Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 4: What I do with myself

Considering I had some issues with blogging the other day as blogspot decided to take a crap when I was done writing (and little did I know that it hadn't saved). I decided to say F*ck this and take a day off from blogging, which means there are going to be several entries in particular for this day!!!

That and I have been pretty busy with preparing chips and salsa for my friend's birthday party that is later on today. Mind you it's Saturday and I'm blogging in between flipping of the tortillas in the oil (as everyone and their mother loves mine and Joe's homemade tortilla chips and salsa). I do plan on filming an In the Kitchen with Lo in regards to the salsa recipe, just so that I can refer my friends to my YouTube and they can make their own! HA HA

Anyways so this Fourth Day blog really was suppose to occur on Friday...so I guess I should get right into to..since I have one more day to catch up on.

Day 04 - A picture of your night

Photobucket
This is a depiction of a babysitter chasing after a little boy

Yup, I spent my Friday night babysitting a little boy named Wyatt (3.5 years old). I randomly babysit, I use to have a regular steady babysitting job. But as it goes in the military life when it's time to move you go where the military sends ya. And my regular little boy I sat for about a year (Max), moved to the east coast.

Thus, after some thought I decided to put myself back on the market. Now why would I want to babysit, especially with it being summer time. I will give ya some pretty simple reasons

1. It is good to change up the weekend night plans (I include Friday nights as weekends).
Reason being is it can get a bit old of constantly going out with friends, or just chilling at home. Honestly most Friday nights, Joe ends up passing out early because he is tired from his work week. If I so happen get an invitation to go out on Friday, it tends to be a girls night only thing.

2. Babysitting is under the table money.
I mean the only person I really have to tell that I made money is Joe and that just normally to let him know that we have cash now (so we don't have to use our debit card). I believe it's good to have cash on you..just because you never know what might happen. It's quick, easy and not every place takes card.
*Also I am willing to take US dollars or Euro. It all really depends on what the family has on hand (I normally know the exchange rate of that day. I'm not going to overcharge because I think that's just plain rude.)

3. Babysitting is for the most part easy
I don't mind having to cook, feed, bathe, change diapers, play with, read stories to, or reprimand a child I am sitting. Babysitting to an extent is practice for being a parent (as I don't have any of my own besides my dog). I learn what I should and shouldn't do. Besides the fact babysitting allows me to see what other families have their play rooms, kids bedrooms set up. What type of food and snacks they keep in their cupboards, and an idea of a schedule to keep a child on.

No comments:

Post a Comment