Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mac's Bloggers' Obsession: Jealousy Wakes

Photobucket

Now, if you have been following me for a bit (especially if you watch my YouTube videos) you know I have for the most part not purchased much from MAC Cosmetics. I don't mind Back to Mac products, plus I have picked up a Mineralize SkinFinish as my touch up powder.

However with the release of the Bloggers' Obesession Limited Edition Collection, I decided to take the plunge and pick up one item from its release. **Mind you, the main reason I really wanted anything from this collection is because of who helped designed something for it.**

If you are anyway into the online (YouTube) beauty community you know who Temptalia is (Christine Mielke) . She is my personal (and I don't doubt many) go to beauty guru for swatches, first impressions, reviews for any major release of products within a beauty brand. She personally is my idol when it comes to beauty blogging, as she is through, straight to the point and very easy to read/understand. 

Mac Cosmetics approached her (as well as several other beauty bloggers) to come up with their own unique (and I would say signature) product. Considering Christine is reown for her swatches, I personally thought it was pretty awesome that she decided to do an eyeshadow.

Photobucket
Jealousy Wakes


Photobucket

According to the MAC website " JEALOUSY WAKES, A SEETHING EMERALD GREEN WITH TEAL AND GOLD PEARL, IS INSPIRED BY THE SPARK OF ENVY IGNITED AND FUELED BY FEAR – TRANSLATED INTO A VELVETY SMOOTH BLEND OF RICH EMERALD KISSED BY THE SPARKLE OF TEAL FINISHED FLASH OF GOLD" 





Photobucket


Not Necessarily the greatest up close picture


But you can see the lovely golden reflects spread out throughout the shadow.




I personally do not have any shadows within my MAC collection SIMILAR to Jealousy Wakes. I do think Christine did a perfect job of creating a unique and beautiful shadow. 

Swatches

**The order that these swatches are as follows: Dry (no base), Dry (on Urban Decay primer Potion), Wet (On Urban Decay primer potion). I used my finger to swatch the product on my skin (which is my inner wrist). Please 
keep in mind I'm in between a MAC NC25 to NC 30.



Without Flash 

Photobucket


With Flash

Photobucket


I'm personally quite happy to have this color in my collection, as of course it's one I do not have. But also to an extent it's in HOMAGE to the wonderful Christine (aka temptalia). 

If you haven't picked up anything from the Bloggers' Obessession Collection, I would at least take a gander at the website (since they are only available online..which is sad..but whatever works).

Keep an eye out for a special blog post about Bloggers!!!

1 comment: